Google Q&A on Google Sitemaps

Encrypting your link and protect the link from viruses, malware, thief, etc! Made your link safe to visit.



Google's Webmaster Tools Team published a synopsis of the questions they received at Chicago's recent Search Engine Strategies Conference during the Sitemaps: Oversold , Misused or On The Money? session. If you lot convey e'er had a enquiry almost Google Sitemaps together with the lawsuit they may or may non convey on your site , this is a helpful read.

Get the answers to the next questions:

  • I submitted a Sitemap , but my URLs haven't been [crawled/indexed] yet. Isn't that what a Sitemap is for?

  • If it doesn't larn me automatically crawled together with indexed , what does a Sitemap do?

  • Will a Sitemap assist me rank better?

  • If I develop all of my pages to convey priority 1.0 , volition that brand them rank higher (or larn crawled faster) than individual else's pages that convey priority 0.8?

  • Is at that topographic point whatever dot inward submitting a Sitemap if all the metadata ( , , etc.) is the same for each URL , or if I'm non certain it's accurate?

  • I've heard almost people who submitted a Sitemap together with got penalized presently afterward. Can a Sitemap wound you?

  • Where tin sack I seat my Sitemap? Does it convey to endure at the source of my site?

  • Can I simply submit the site map that my webmaster made of my site? I don't larn this whole XML thing.

  • Which Sitemap format is the best?

  • If I convey multiple URLs that dot to the same content , tin sack I role my Sitemap to shout for my preferred URL for that content?

  • Does the placement of a URL inside a Sitemap file matter? Will the URLs at the commencement of the file larn amend handling than the URLs close the end?

  • If my site has multiple sections (e.g. a weblog , a forum , together with a photograph gallery) , should I submit i Sitemap for the site , or multiple Sitemaps (one for each section)?
Again hither is the link to the Google sitemaps Q&A.